Oats Chilla, oats Chilla recipe for weight loss, healthy oatmeal recipes for weight loss and weight management. This oats Chilla is vegan and gluten free, no added wheat or Maida. Its super healthy, filling, and nutrient dense. Loaded with vegetables and so easy to make in those busy mornings. Chilla is a flatbread spiced with Indian flavors and with the goodness of turmeric and some seasonal vegetables.
Ingredients: Old fashioned rolled oats: 1/2 cup
- Place a pan over medium heat and dry roast the oats for 2-3 minutes or until aromatic.
- Remove the oats in a large bowl and let it cool down for few minutes.
- Add semolina/suji.
- Now add gram flour/besan.
- Add chopped onions.
- Add chopped capsicum.
- Further add chopped tomatoes.
- Now add chopped garlic and green chilies.
- water to prepare the batter
- salt to taste
Steps In Making Healthy Oats Chilla
- In a pan over medium heat dry roast the oats for 2-3 minutes or until aromatic.
- Now transfer the oats in a large bowl and let it cool down for few minutes.
- In the same bowl add semolina and gram flour along with all the chopped veggies and spices- onions, , tomatoes, , green chilies, turmeric, red chili powder, cumin powder.
- Mix everything well and add little water at a time to prepare medium consistency batter. It shouldn’t be very thick nor runny.
- If the batter has thicken, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to bring it to the right consistency. Finally add salt and fresh coriander and mix well.
- In a pan over medium heat and then pour a large spoonful of oats chilla batter and spread it evenly into round shape. You can add some drops of oil.
- Cover it with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes from each sides.